You like to make good youtube videos but you search about the best vlogging camera? Ok.
To help you We created a list of the best cameras for vlogging. After searching online and testing every camera, I've selected the Top 10 Vlogging Cameras you can buy this 2019.
Previously, vlogging was limited to a small group of YouTubers who found themselves caught by a growing fashion market. This led to the explosive growth of amateur and professional vloggers around the world. While many vloggers use their smartphones to capture their everyday lives, some would like to improve their performance by investing in a dedicated camera for better audio capture and longer videos. With hundreds of different cameras available on the market including waterproof cameras, we help you today to choose from a selection of the best vlogging cameras available for you vlogs.
Best Vlogging Camera 2019
Be a vlogger is not difficult, you need a good vlogging camera, a YouTube channel as well as constant upload of content that’s both refreshing, and engaging.
Here we offer you a selection of 10 best vlogging cameras -we test and review it- of varying quality, size, format, style and price so that everyone can find the one that best fits their vlog style. They will also be able to help you in your everyday life and meet your needs in both photo and video. Some will respond more precisely to your expectations than others with detailed Buyer’s Guide.
Best Vlogging Camera -Top Cameras for Vloggers
- Best Vlogging Camera with Flip Screen
- Best Point & Shoot Vlogging Camera
- Best Budget 4K Vlogging Camera
- Best for Beginners Vloggers
- Best 4K Vlogging Camera
- Best Budget Vlogging Camera
- Best Sport & Action Camera Vlog
- Best Cheap Vlogging Camera
- Best Vlogging Camera Under $200
- Best DSLR Camera for Professional Vloggers
Best Vlogging Camera : Top 10 Cameras Tested for 2019
|Camera Model||Body Type||Weight||Video Quality|
|Canon PowerShot G7 X ||Compact||304 g|
(0.67 lb / 10.72 oz)
|1080p ||Check Price|
|Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II ||Compact||319 g|
(0.70 lb / 11.25 oz)
|1080p ||Check Price|
|3rd Panasonic Lumix G7||Mirrorless||410 g|
(0.90 lb / 14.46 oz)
|4th Canon EOS 80D||SLR||730 g|
(1.61 lb / 25.75 oz)
|1080p ||Check Price|
|5th Panasonic LUMIX GH5||Mirrorless||725 g|
(1.60 lb / 25.57 oz)
|6th Canon EOS Rebel T6i||SLR||555 g|
(1.22 lb / 19.58 oz)
|1080p ||Check Price|
|7th GoPro HERO5 Black||Compact||118 g|
(0.26 lb / 4.2 oz)
|8th Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ300||Bridge||691 g|
(1.52 lb / 24.37 oz)
|9th Nikon COOLPIX L840||Bridge||538 g|
(1.19 lb / 18.98 oz)
|1080p ||Check Price|
|10th Canon EOS 70D||SLR||555 g|
(1.22 lb / 19.58 oz)
1. Canon PowerShot G7 X - best vlogging camera with flip screen.
We can't start talking about the best vlogging camera for 2019 without putting the Canon cameras first, especially with their best model Powershot G7 X.
- Wi-Fi with NFC.
- Built-in ND filter.
- Flip-up rear touchscreen.
- 24-100mm equiv. F1.8-2.8 lens.
- 20MP 1″-type BSI CMOS sensor (13.2 x 8.8mm).
Type: Compact | Sensor size: 1.0 | Resolution: 20.1MP | Effective focal length: 24-100mm | Viewfinder: none | Monitor: 3.0 Inch Tilt Angle Touch Screen | Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC | Maximum video resolution: 1080 60p | Size, weight: 106 x 61 x 42mm, 319g (0.67 lb / 10.72 oz)
As far as vlogging cameras are concerned, Canon has been at the helm for a while, which I can personally endorse.
When i received the PowerShot G7 X, there was a lot of excitement in the air, because it's really one of the best vlogging cameras on the market for 2018/2019.The PowerShot series has always been the one that meets most needs without being too expensive. This is something that most vloggers will prefer, or at least they will if they try to keep a budget.
NOTE: There’s a new version of this camera available Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II.
What makes G7 X the best vlogging camera with flip screen?
G7 X is going to impress you with one of the most well-built designs available on a vlogging camera; it’s sturdy, feels premium, and most importantly, it’s compact enough to fit in your backpack and even your pocket.
Not just the flip screen feature in this vlogging camera but I also love the physical controls that are available on the PowerShot G7 X, it is something significant in my opinion, as it is going to help you have full control over how you want to shoot images or videos.
- Key Features: Another great thing that I love about the G7 X is that it comes with some neat features like NFC, as well as Wi-Fi, allowing the users to transfer the images and videos with great ease.
- Lens: The PowerShot G7 X also comes with a pretty incredible 24-100mm (35mm equivalent) lens that can do well in a multitude of situations.
- Resolution and Sensor: You also get a 20-megapixel, 1-inch sensor that allows for some incredibly detailed photos, and more importantly, crisp videos.
It's really that the Canon PowerShot G7 X is one of the best vlogging cameraswith flip screen, but it is also essential for me to list down some of the downsides that I felt aren’t that big of an issue.
For starters, the G7 X does not have a hot-shoe, and the autofocus system seems a bit old, albeit it works well.
It shoots fantastic images, as well as videos; it is compact, has premium build quality, and physical controls. On top of that, it has needed features like NFC, and Wi-Fi.
If you are okay with lack of a hot-shoe, and the fact that the autofocus system is somewhat dated, then I can assure you that the camera is going to be exceptional for your vlogging experience no matter where you decided to take it.
- Excellent image quality.
- Great design and build quality.
- The camera has Wi-Fi and NFC.
- Physical controls are a blessing.
- Lens is ample for plenty of situations.
- No hot shoe on the camera.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X is the best budget vlogging camera of 2012 with a flip screen that does more than just getting the job done.
2. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II - Best compact camera for vloggers.
As well as delivering excellent stills quality, Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera's boasts clever features for vlogging. While not fully articulated, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II edition adds a flip-up facility to its tilting touchscreen, making it easy to frame yourself when talking to camera.
- Built-in Wi-Fi for on-the-go.
- Shoot continuously at up to 8 fps.
- 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor.
- Lens has a fast maximum aperture range of F1.8-2.8.
- 3.0″ LCD monitor that tilts up 180° and down 45°is ideal for vloggers.
Type: Compact | Sensor size: 1.0-type | Resolution: 20.1MP | Effective focal length: 24-100mm | Viewfinder: None | Monitor: 3.0-inch tilt-angle touchscreen | Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC | Max movie resolution: 1080 60p | Size, weight: 106 x 61 x 42mm, 319g (0.70 lb / 11.25 oz).
If you think that the Canon PowerShot G7 X is not enough for your need, but you still want a camera from the PowerShot series for your vlogs videos , then don’t worry as we do have an excellent canon vlogging camera just for you.
Canon’s PowerShot G7 X Mark II is one of the highly revered vlogging cameras on our list for 2019, and for a good reason.
Before we begin, it is important to keep in mind that the original G7 X did not require many upgrades in the first place because it was already a beautiful camera. However, Canon did add some nice features like the new DIGIC 7 processor, and some changes here and there
Thanks to the new processor, the camera is an absolute beast when it comes to low light performance, the touchscreen is nicely implemented and can also tilt.
And here's the best think: The Mark I shot constant Raw blasts at only 1 fps, the Mark II would now be able to shoot Raws, JPEGs or both at 8 frames per second.
- Controls: The G7 X Mark II also provides you with loads of manual controls, making sure your photography experience goes completely unhindered.
- Resolution and Optical Image Stabilization: For the purists, the camera also can capture images in RAW format, the 20.1-megapixel sensor does come with optical image stabilization, making the low life shots even better than before.
- New Technology: The G7 X II has “Double Sensing IS”, which utilizes information from the picture sensor to diminish obscure caused by camera shake.
What’s missing in Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II?
However, some downsides have made their way from the original into this camera as well; for starters, there’s still a lack of proper viewfinder to add in photography as well as videography.
The Canon PowerShot G 7 X Mark II also has a screen that doesn’t articulate entirely, and while it is only a minor issue, for many people, it can create hiccups. Lastly, upon testing the camera thoroughly, I came to realize that the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is not as good at zooming as I had hoped.
Though, considering how vlogging does not require you to zoom in or out a lot, you should not have any issue whatsoever. In conclusion, the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is a fantastic camera for vlogging.
- The camera works fantastic in low-light.
- There are a plethora of manual controls.
- The camera supports RAW format shooting.
- Optical image stabilization is a treat to have.
- The touchscreen tilts, providing an excellent control.
- The zoom range is limited.
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II has all the right ingredients that can make a vlogging camera useful, and it does not shy away from showing all those features either.
Sure, there are some downsides, but they are probably not severe enough to impact the overall vlogging experience that the Mark II is known for providing.
3. Panasonic Lumix G7 - Best Budget 4K Vlogging Camera
Geeting a good 4k vlogging camera is a dream of any vlogger but buying it with the best budget possible is the ...With Panasonic Lumix G7 the dream be a real.
- Integrated Wi-Fi sharing.
- Fast and precise auto focusing.
- Ultra-compact, interchangeable lens.
- Three unique 4K Ultra HD Video pause and save 4K Photo Modes.
- Includes LUMIX G VARIO 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 II ASPH./MEGA O.I.S. lens.
Type: Mirrorless | Sensor size: Micro Four Thirds | Resolution: 16MP | Effective focal length: na | Viewfinder: Electronic | Monitor: 3.0-inch vari-angle touchscreen | Connectivity: Wi-Fi | Max movie resolution: 4K 30p | Size, weight: 124.9 x 86.2 x 77.4 mm, 410g (0.90 lb / 14.46 oz)(without lens)
Many times, I get a question that the best vlogging camera is usually costly, and out of budget for many people especially if you dream for a good 4K camera for vlogging , and it is something to think about because the better the hardware is, the more expensive the camera is.
However, the Panasonic Lumix G7 tried to beat that idea and offers something great.
The Lumix G7 is a part of Panasonic’s mid-range lineup of G series cameras, however, with some advanced, and helpful videos feature that it has taken from the higher end models like GH4. For starters, the G7 is one of the few mid-range cameras to offer 4K video recording out of the box.
- Video Quality: I believe 4K (UHD) video recording is not the only good thing about this camera.
- Controls: You also get plenty of physical control like twin control dials and also a lot of buttons and switches, allowing you to control how you are going to take a photo or shoot a video. A feature many manufacturers overlook entirely in several scenarios.
- Resolution and Sensor: The G7 offers a 16-megapixel MFT sensor that can take great looking pictures, and shoots decent video regardless of the resolution you are using.
- Viewfinder: For those who want a bit more technical detail, the G7 also has a 2.36-million dot EVF, something many people would prefer.
The Panasonic G7 also ditches the traditional viewfinder in favor of an electronic viewfinder, and while purists may turn away by this feature, I am pleased to point it out that the EVF works wonderfully well in all the situations and won’t be letting you down.
The G7 is an excellent camera for vlogging, it records at high-resolution with the option to switch between them as well, and the 16-megapixel sensor works rather well in many other conditions as well.
Additionally, the MFT sensor is brilliant, but, the amount of depth of field provided by the sensor is somewhat lower as compared to other cameras, but since you have to look close, it is not precisely that big of an issue.
Here is a good 4k video taking by Panasonic Lumix G7
- The camera offers much control.
- 4K video recording is a nice addition.
- The electronic viewfinder is fantastic.
- The 16-megapixel MFT sensor is excellent.
- The camera has plastic construction.
- The sensor is not exceptional with the depth of field.
Panasonic Lumix G7 is an excellent cheap vlogging camera with 4k option, and it gets the job done even if you want to do some photography as well. Just avoid the plastic construction, and you would be able to go.
4. Canon EOS 80D - Best DSLR Camera For Full Time Vloggers.
EOS 80D is not only a good vlogging camera, it is one of the Best Canon DSLR Camera's for 2019 but it is a little expensive.
- Wi-Fi + NFC.
- 1080/60p video capture.
- 7 fps continuous shooting with AF.
- 3″ 1.04M-dot articulating touchscreen.
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF.
Type: DSL Reflex | Sensor size: 22.3 × 14.9 mm | Resolution: 24.2MP | Viewfinder: Pentaprism | Monitor: 3.0-inch Variable Angle Touch Screen | Connectivity: Wi-Fi | Maximum resolution of the film: 1080p FHD | Size, weight: 139.0 x 105.2 x 78.5 mm, 730g (1.61 lb / 25.75 oz).
If you are willing to spend your entire budget and want to spend money on a vlogging camera that is as expensive as it is good, don’t worry, Canon is got you covered.
We are already aware of how the EOS series is one of the top cameras for vlogging, and taking charge is the Canon EOS 80D.
The EOS 80D can be considered the master of all trades since it takes the best features from the previous cameras, and add an even higher amount of new features.
This camera works even better and lets you shoot some stunning videos, and thanks to the large sensor, and a higher megapixel count, there is quite a lot of detail involved in the videos. Giving the vloggers something to rave on.
- Resolution: You get a fantastic 24-megapixel sensor that is capable of taking some stunning pictures with much detail.
- Video Quality: It supports 1080/60p recording and consistent self-adjust amid video.
- Screen: Canon has also done an excellent job at making sure that the EOS 80D boasts a beautiful screen; I find it gorgeous to look at, and extremely responsive as well. These features make it one of the best displays on any vlogging camera.
- Sensor: Another thing that I must point about the EOS 80D is that unlike the siblings, it does not use the same sensor, this one is packing a dual pixel sensor that makes it a lot better in almost all the shooting conditions.
- Autofocus: The camera also has one of the best and fastest autofocus system that I have seen.
- Body: The body is fixed against clean and dampness, the 80D has a polycarbonate outside which is more durable, scratch resistance is maximized and magnesium amalgam skeleton.
The EOS 80D is undoubtedly a substantial upgrade over the 70D camera's series, all thanks to fantastic ergonomics, heaps of features, and a ton of controls making it an enthusiast grade camera both for vloggers, and professional photographers.
Not all is as perfect though, there are some minor hiccups with the 80D, but the good thing is that they do not break the deal. Instead of using the full format, the camera opts for the APS-C format, something that is slightly lesser, but still very effective.
The autofocus system is somewhat complicated and may require time to master, but I believe this is more of a subjective issue, then a primary objective problem that can hinder the overall experience of shooting videos for your vlog, or even taking pictures.
Famous fashion and beauty vlogger Aspyn Ovard use this camera for shooting her vlogs.
Casey Neistat stated in one of his vlogs that he has bought around ELEVEN Canon EOS 80D’s and it is now his primary vlogging camera.
- There are plenty of controls.
- The camera has a gorgeous screen.
- The camera offers a hefty list of features.
- The camera has one of the fastest autofocusing systems.
- The sensor allows fantastic videos and photos with plenty of detail.
- .Autofocus is a bit hard to master.
There’s no doubt that the Canon EOS 80D is one very, very capable vlogging camera in the market, and it doubles up as a fantastic camera for photography as well.
An exceptionally balanced camera for vlogging, the 80D’s primary interest revolves around usability.
Overall, it’s the perfect choice for full-time vloggers who are ready to invest in a serious vlogging equipment.
5. Panasonic Lumix GH5 - Best 4K Vlogging Camera.
I have carefully examined almost all the best cameras from our vlogging camera list for 2019, but it's not over cause we need to add the best vlogging camera with 4K Video Quality.
The Panasonic Lumix GH5 is one of Panasonic's high-end cameras. It is also perfect for creating videos because it offers the opportunity to make great 4K videos. The camera also comes with an extensive set of features to boot.
- 9 fps shooting with continuous autofocus.
- 20MP Four Thirds sensor (no OLPF).
- Internal 4K/30p 10-bit 4:2:2 video capture.
- 1080 video at up to 180p, enabling 7.5x slow-motion.
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization system with ‘Dual IS 2’ support.
- 4K/59.94p and 50p shooting with 10-bit 4:2:2 output or 8-bit, 4:2:0 internal recording.
Type: Mirrorless | Sensor Size: Micro Four Thirds | Resolution: 20.1MP | Connectivity: Wi-Fi | Maximum resolution of the film: 4K / 59.95p | Size, weight: 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm, 725g (1.60 lb / 25.57 oz).
To review the Lumix GH5 we put this camera up for a test and decided to do some vlogging, and good lord, it was astounding. Despite the fact that I started shooting at different resolutions beginning from full HD that happens to be more common than 4K for many people.
- Video Quality: The video quality remains brilliant throughout the entire spectrum of resolutions; apparently, 4K looks a lot better than 1080p but let’s not forget that the 1080p looks terrific as compared to some other cameras that are common for vlogging.
- Electronic Viewfinder: The Panasonic Lumix GH5 comes with a big electronic viewfinder (EVF) which is bright, allowing you to see the vibrant colors without any issues, as well as allowing you to shoot videos, and take pictures properly.
- Touchscreen: The entire touchscreen interface is one of the finest, most polished ones I have seen in vlogging cameras, and it works wonderfully.
- Other Features: Panasonic has also done an excellent job creating the camera as it is easy to handle, and has one of the most durable construction that we have seen on a camera; it is reliable, easy to carry, and has excellent ergonomics. All of these factors make it one fantastic vlogging cameras.
Wjen we look to youtube we see that Star outdoor YouTuber Levi Allen Leftcoast and Casey Neistat uses and loves Lumix GH5.
- Amazing video quality.
- The camera has a solid build quality.
- The touchscreen interface is fantastic.
- The camera has one of the best viewfinders.
- Slow autofocus.
- ISO range is not as broad.
Do you really asking about best vlogging camera for shooting 4K videos In 2019?
Then I must say it is Panasonic GH5 Vlogging Camera which can shoot 4K @ 60 fps internally. The video quality looks professional. And it has EVERY feature a pro would need.
Overall the camera is way ahead of the class when you look at it from a vloggers perspective.
6. Canon Rebel T6i/EOS 750D - Best Price for Vlogging Camera.
If you search to buy a good vlogging camera with a perfect price you must see to Canon EOS series
Canon's dedication to loyal customers and the vlogging camera industry is simply admirable. the company has released some of the best cameras and shows no sign of stopping for 2019.
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- ISO 100–12800 (expandable to H: 25600).
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode & Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC.
- 19-point all cross-type AF system and aspect ratio is 3:2 (horizontal : vertical).
Type: DLSR | Resolution: 24.2MP | Viewfinder: Pentamiror, 95% coverage | Monitor: 3.0-inch Variable Angle Touch Screen | Connectivity: Wi-Fi | Maximum resolution of the film: 1080 30p | Size, weight: 132 mm × 101 mm × 78 mm, 555g (1.22 lb / 19.58 oz).
The Canon EOS Rebel T6i/EOS 750D is an excellent example of Canon’s vision.
You can see the Canon Rebel T6i as a mid-range vlogging camera, but since it is from the EOS series, several features make it stand out.
- Resolution and Sensor: It uses the 24MP APS-C format sensor, allowing it to take pictures that come out beautiful, and well detailed.
- Screen: You also get a 3-inch LCD that works well, and has a pretty decent amount of articulation, and has incredible responsiveness.
- Autofocus System: The Rebels T6i utilizes a similar 19-point phase detection AF as the 70D, which speaks to a tremendous change in the 9-point AF framework in the T5i.
For the purists, the Rebel T6i also comes with a dial that offers you a perfect control on how you want to use the camera, and take pictures.
I also like the fact that Canon is finally moving towards the proper use of technology by implementing Wi-Fi as well as NFC into the camera. Sharing photos and videos, as well as uploading them, or transferring them has become a lot easier than it used to be before.
Upon testing the T6i for its video capability, I realized that the T6i does not shoot videos at resolutions higher than 1080p, and while it was a disappointment at the start, it came to my realization that for vlogging purposes, this is an outstanding and optimal resolution.
The details were there, and there was plenty of sharpness too, and even if you want to do photography, the camera is going to help you with that as it performed flawlessly on my trip around the city.
During my testing, I realized that the viewfinder does not cover the entire screen it provides around 95 percent of coverage. It is nothing deal breaking, but I should be mentioning it. I also noticed how the camera is in dire need of a quicker way of setting autofocus point.
- Physical controls are admirable.
- The camera comes with Wi-Fi and NFC.
- One of the most excellent LCD screens we have seen.
- The 24-megapixel sensor is fantastic for photography, and videography.
- The viewfinder does not cover the entire screen.
Once you test the T6i after the concerns, you get a brilliant camera for vlogging as well as still photography. A camera that can easily create a spot for itself in the list without having to fight the heavyweights.
The T6i is a also competent performer in both videography and photography.
7. GoPro Hero 5 Black - Best for Sports & Action Vloggers.
In terms of top sports, actions cameras and mostly vlogging camera, GoPro has been in charge for as long as I can remember.
Their cameras are remarkably small, but at the same time have some of the best material that can be found on a vlogging cameraespecially for sport and actions..
- Waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing.
- Time Lapse Photo Intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60 seconds.
- Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage.
- Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes.
Even though Hero 5’s marketing team markets it as an action camera, it should not come as a surprise that it serves well to people who just want to make vlogs using the camerafor their videos sport content.
- Key Features: The GoPro Hero 5 Black supports 4K recording, still photography, as well as the ability to shoot hyperlapse, and slow-motion videos if you feel the need. The Hero 5 also has electronic image stabilization which works well, and the dual microphones are perfect for recording audio with a good amount of detail in it.
- Video Quality and Frames Per Second (fps): It can record 4K at 30 FPS, as well as other resolutions on even higher frames per second, making it top of the line.
Are GoPro HERO5 Cameras Waterproof Without a Housing?
It is impressively small, as well as rugged, and without the waterproof housing, it can stay in 10-meters (33 feet) deep water with great ease. Some vloggers record videos even underwater so having a waterproof body is a plus.
The GoPro Hero 5 packs a plethora of functions that I think are amazing as the features make it an excellent camera for still photography as well. GoPro has also worked on the design to make it smaller, better looking, and even more rugged.
These shortcomings do not hold a candle to the greatness of the GoPro Hero 5, and there are no issues in usability.
The GoPro Hero 5 Black is undoubtedly one of the best vlogging camera that is going to serve you well regardless of the type of vlogging that you intend to do.
- Better overall design.
- Great dual microphones.
- Gorgeous, and well-detailed photography.
- Fantastic video quality with high-resolution.
- Waterproof up till 10-meters without the case.
- The touchscreen responsiveness is subpar.
Sure, the small size may make you wonder if you are going to get your money’s worth, but overlook that, and you have a vlogging camera that’s giving you more than what some significant cameras are offering, and that too at a lower price point. It is a bargain.
The GoPro HERO5 is a plus for action, adventure, sports and moto vloggers.
8. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 - Best Cheap Vlogging Camera.
Finally, we are looking at the latest vlogging camera from the list, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 which is our cheap best camera for vloggers.
If you feel that the name is difficult to understand, do not worry, the feelings are quite similar.However, do not let them stop them from doing the examination, because that would be unfair.
- Weather resistant.
- Raw image capture and 4K video.
- 24X Zoom (25-600mm) with F2.8 aperture.
- 5 Axis Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization.
- 12.1-Megapixel high sensitivity MOS sensor.
The Lumix DMC-FZ300 is bridging the gap between some cameras released by Panasonic. However, the good thing is that it still doesn’t let the others overshadow it in any way.
Lumix DMC-FZ300 offers excellent video quality, meaning that bloggers are going to rejoice.
The Lumix DMC-FZ300 also offers a plethora of shooting options that you are going to use.
- Sensor: It is even more impressive after you get to know that the sensor is not the biggest we have seen on the market, it is a smaller sensor, but the performance remains consistent in both videos, and photography. The small sensor also allows the camera to be lightweight, and compact.
- Body: The body of the Lumix DMC-FZ300 is weather resistant, meaning that you can do some vlogging outdoors as well. Just don’t throw caution to the wind because it does not say weatherproof.
NOTE: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 is Splash Proof (Not Waterproof).
- Video Quality: Lumix DMC-FZ300 shoots 4K/UHD video at 30p which looks stunning. The footage easily makes it one of the best vlogging cameras in the market that a moment, and my recommendation.
Although upon testing several cameras throughout my tenure has allowed me to use some of the complex ones as well, I still can’t shake the fear of picking up the camera only to realize that the navigation is going to be a bit tricky.
Such is the case with the DMC-FZ300, especially if you are comfortable with leaving everything on auto, and just going by your business, and not paying attention to other details. Luckily, it is rather easy to master, so you should not face any issues whatsoever.
- Splash resistant body.
- Lots of shooting modes.
- Spectacular video quality.
- Easy to handle build quality.
- The camera has a plethora of controls.
- Lack of headphone jack.
The camera also lacks a headphone jack, but in all honesty, it did not break the experience while using it since the use case scenario is somewhat rare. I’d still say that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 is one of the best vlogging cameras you can buy in the market at this moment.
It has all the features vloggers are after, and that makes it a fantastic choice that isn’t going to cost much money either.
9. Nikon COOLPIX L840 - Best Vlogging Camera Under 200$.
For a very cheap vlogging camera under 200$ we go to review some good camera in the market and we find that the Nikon CoolPic L840 is still best for 2019.
Nikon has been Canon’s biggest competitor for a long, long time.
Both companies have been in a rivalry, and we have seen them release some impressive cameras. However, I am not here to compare them both as this is not what the review is on. The Nikon COOLPIX L840 is sitting at the table.
- Low-light 16MP CMOS image sensor.
- 3.0-inch 921,000-dot Tilt LCD display.
- Full HD 1080p videos with stereo sound.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication technology.
- 38x optical zoom telephoto lens with Vibration Reduction; 76x dynamic fine zoom.
The L840 is not much different when it comes to the L830 from the previous year. However, I do know that the majority of upgrades it has received are under the hood, and honestly, the looks did not need much work, to begin with.
The vloggers constantly have to exchange files and videos, so this feature is excellent. NFC blending is additionally present, making it a doddle to set up a remote association with an NFC-empowered savvy gadget.
The video had enough detail as well as clarity to quickly make this one of the best vlogging cameras, and the best thing is that you do not have to go into much depth to get good videos out of the camera. I believe the best camera is the one that can be used right out of the box, and L840 does the job.
In simpler words, the Nikon Coolpix L840 just may be the most straightforward camera to use on the list; it is evident enough that its primary purpose is vlogging and works well in that. However, it is not for everyone since the use case scenario revolves mainly around the vlogging, and I am okay with it.
While there is a lack of some of the additional features we have come to see, it gives back by being priced handsomely, as well as by providing some excellent footage in a majority of lighting scenarios with great ease, and no hiccups.
- Compact design.
- Competitively priced.
- Incredibly easy to use.
- The camera has a pretty good video quality.
- The camera lacks advanced feature
It may not be the most powerful, and feature-packed camera, but it gets all the other things right that is necessary for a vlogging camera, and that is what I believe is important.
10. Canon EOS 70D - Best DSLR Camera for Professional Vloggers.
If you are professional and like to buy the best digital SLR vlogging camera in2019 so Canon EOS 70D is your best camera to be a good vlogger.
- Up to 7 fps shooting.
- 19 point cross-type AF System.
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+.
- Built-in stereo or external microphone terminal.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video.
Type: Compact | Resolution: 20,2MP | Viewfinder: Pentaprism, 98% coverage | Monitor: 3.0-inch Variable Angle Touch Screen | Connectivity: Wi-Fi | Maximum Movie Resolution: Full-HD 1080p with Continuous Auto Focus | Size, weight: 139 × 104.3 × 78.5 mm, 755g (1.66 lb / 26.63 oz).
Before we go any further in our Canon EOS 70D review, it is important to tell you that you can use a DSLR as a vlogging camera with great ease as many famous vloggers are doing the same.
Despite some of the bulkier models in the market, it is very doable and can result in some stunning footage.
The camera we have on our table is the Canon EOS 70D, it is an upgraded version of the highly praised EOS 60D, and has some notable improvements over the younger sibling.
- Resolution: It offers a 20.2MP resolution, yet utilizes a “Dual Pixel CMOS AF” outline in which every pixel is parted into two independently coherent photodiodes, confronting left and right.
- Picture Quality: EOS 70D is phenomenal when it comes to taking pictures, the photos were wonderfully detailed and looked terrific regardless of the scene.
- Screen and Controls: The EOS 70D also has an excellent touchscreen, it’s well articulated, and offers pretty good control.
- Video Quality: The video side of things is also rather good, for instance, the autofocus in videos is excellent, and works without a glitch. The video quality even remains stellar.
However, it would be unfair if we do not mention the negatives of Canon EOS 70D as a vlogging camera.
The EOS 70D’s lack of headphone socket is not something that should bother many people, but for those who want this feature, it is not there.
When compared with the 60D:
The 70D has a larger screen than the 60D camera, a higher amount of single action buttons, a passive LCD screen, as well as command dial, and rear wheel that allows direct access to exposure settings, making things a lot easier.
When we go to youtube we see that many professional youTubers Use the Canon EOS 70D as their vlogging camera.Casey Neistat, Zoella ,Nigahiga ,Aspyn Ovard, Bethany Mota, and Kian Lawley are some of the well knowing vloggers using it to shoot their videos.
The EOS 70D is also faster than the 60D as well as 700D. A large number of things make the Canon EOS 70D an excellent camera for vlogging. The autofocus is one of the best we have seen, and the camera is fast enough to allow proper control and a great experience.
- Image quality is fantastic.
- The sensor is fast and big.
- Video autofocus is brilliant.
- LCD screen is big and offers excellent articulation.
- There’s no headphone jack.
The Canon EOS 70D is a fantastic camera for still photography, as well as vlogging; the pictures come out amazing, and the videos look amazing too.
Vlogging Cameras – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide
Although anyone can start a vlogging career just by picking up a camera, shooting videos, editing them, and then uploading them, it is essential to know that if you want your audience to be engaged and interested, you should buy a camera that can represent you like that.
Yes, quality content and sound editing also play a huge part, but let’s not forget that a device on which you are going to be shooting all the videos is also an essential factor to take into account when you are planning on starting your vlogging career.
After all, you cannot make videos using your laptop’s webcam, and call it vlogging; beauty attracts the audience, and in the continually evolving vlogging scenario.
People want vlogs that look amazing and are edited that way as well; this is the main reason why buying a good vlogging camera is so important.
Sure, it may have been different a decade ago, but things have changed drastically, and if you do not have the proper equipment, you are going to be able to please the spectators that quickly.
We are not asking you to splurge all your money, just enough to buy a good vlogging camera.
If you are searching the market for the best vlogging camera, it is going to present you with many choices. While having options is a good thing, it can also end up being overwhelming if you have not had the experience of buying a vlogging camera before.
If I am, to be honest, vlogging cameras are almost the same as your standard point and shoot, DSLR, or an action camera. The only exception here is that the vlogging cameras heavily rely on just how good they are at shooting videos.
If you are planning on starting your vlogging career, and don’t know where to start, this essential buying guide is going to help you make the most out of your time and money. The guide tells about the more important thing you should look for in a good vlogging camera.
Befor you look to the essentiel features in any vlogging camera we must at feirst see to their weight and video Quality and after it we see to the camera lens and your own needs.
- WEIGHT OF THE CAMERA
- VIDEO QUALITY
- Essential Features
It is a universal statement that the best camera is the one that you possess, and keeping that in mind, if a camera is not portable enough to carry around comfortably, then there’s no point in buying it. The DSLRs are usually bigger than other cameras due to the hardware that goes into them.
Mirrorless cameras are smaller since there’s no real mirror present in them, and the point and shoot cameras are even smaller and more comfortable to carry. With all that said, I would personally suggest you buy a point and shoot since most of them are good enough to shoot 1080p videos without losing the quality.
Mirrorless cameras are expensive, but if you can afford them, then they also make up a fantastic option and that is why we have included the Panasonic Lumix G7 in our top 10 which is also a mirrorless camera, offering 4K (Ultra-High-Definition) video recording.
Lastly, if you are okay with carrying a DSLR around with you whenever you are on the move, you can also invest in a DSLR that is going to cost you less than the mirrorless camera comparatively.
Considering how you are going to be shooting vlogs with the entirety of time spent with the camera you are about to buy, you need to make sure that the video quality is the most important thing you consider when purchasing a vlogging camera.
You must also remember that just because a camera has a higher megapixel count does not mean that the video is even going to look fantastic.
Several different factors make a vlogging camera ample in the shooting department like:
- Sensor Size
- Aperture Size
So, it is only fair that whatever vlogging camera you buy has excellent video quality because you are going to be shooting videos with your camera.
The standard resolution is 1080p. However, several vlogging cameras on the market shoot at 4K too, the important thing you should know here is that 4K means a larger size of the video, but it also means better video quality.
Another important thing that you need to consider while buying a vlogging camera is some features that you are going to be aiming at.
Generally, the higher you pay, the more amount of features you get, but what you need to know is whether or not you are going to be using all the features there are.
- OIS (Optical Image Stabilization)
- Manual Controls
- EVF (Electronic Viewfinder)
- Weather-Resistant Body
- Internal Microphone
From my personal experience with vlogging cameras and cameras in general, I can tell that OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) is known as one of the most important features that you should look for in a vlogging camera. Having this feature drastically improves the low light performance, and reduces blur as well.
The PowerShot G7 X II has “Double Sensing IS”, which deploy information from the picture sensor to diminish obscure caused by camera shake.
Another important characteristic that you need to look for in a vlogging camera is manual controls. However, this feature is more important on the image side of things since.
Manual mode is one of the main settings on your camera, and it lets you manually control shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.
Still, it is nice to have manual controls in a vlogging camera, that way; it becomes multi-purpose for you.
A good EVF (electronic viewfinder) is also critical if you are buying a vlogging camera, and considering how it has become a pervasive feature to have, just make sure that viewfinder is big enough, and offers an excellent resolution that can reflect the real quality of your videos.
For instance, the Panasonic Lumix GH5 comes with a big dazzling electronic viewfinder (EVF), allowing you to see the dynamic colors.
Weather-resistant body is another important feature that you should be looking for, this is going to ensure that if you want to take your vlogging camera out on the trip, it serves you well, and even if it starts pouring, the camera’s hardware does not get damaged.
Cameras like GoPro Hero 5 already have weather resistant/waterproof bodies, but it is essential to keep in mind that not all cameras come with this feature.
Last but not the least, I prefer if my vlogging camera comes with an internal microphone, that way, at least I am not going to have to carry an external microphone with me everywhere I go.
You will be astonished to know that audio is more important than video.
Cameras like GoPro Hero are often equipped with multiple microphones, making it ideal for vlogging.
Many people tell me how I do not need a good lens for vlogging because it is just a video, and people are going to be too busy paying attention to the detail. I do not believe it works like that; if you have seen some of the vlogs made by really talented bloggers, video quality is consistent.
Now, this is where a good lens comes in, while most vlogging cameras have lenses already if you want to make sure that you, as a vlogger, are the subject of the entire video, then investing in a telephoto lens is a good idea.
Telephoto lens adds optical zoom, blurring out the remaining background.
You can check out How a telephoto lens works.
Your Own Needs
Since the camera is going to be used by you, it is imperative for you to reflect upon your personal needs. Sure, everything that I have talked so far does add up to a good buying experience, but if you are not shedding any light on your own needs, then we cannot be sure how the experience is going to be.
If by any chance, a vlogging camera does not meet your requirements or satisfy your personal needs, there’s no reason to buy that because the videos it is going to give you is not going to be enough. I would personally put all the features aside first, and then look at just how decent the vlogging camera is.
- Best Vlogging Camera 2019
- Best Vlogging Camera : Top 10 Cameras Tested for 2019
- 1. Canon PowerShot G7 X - best vlogging camera with flip screen.
- 2. Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II - Best compact camera for vloggers.
- 3. Panasonic Lumix G7 - Best Budget 4K Vlogging Camera
- 4. Canon EOS 80D - Best DSLR Camera For Full Time Vloggers.
- 5. Panasonic Lumix GH5 - Best 4K Vlogging Camera.
- 6. Canon Rebel T6i/EOS 750D - Best Price for Vlogging Camera.
- 7. GoPro Hero 5 Black - Best for Sports & Action Vloggers.
- 8. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 - Best Cheap Vlogging Camera.
- 9. Nikon COOLPIX L840 - Best Vlogging Camera Under 200$.
- 10. Canon EOS 70D - Best DSLR Camera for Professional Vloggers.
- Vlogging Cameras – The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide